View Single Post
Old 28-12-2021, 18:50   #3597
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I suspect "being so overcome by bitterness" can be read as an insult even if it was not intended to be so.

The 4% reduction in GDP is permanent, not a temporary matter and is on top of any reduction from Covid 19. We're choosing to erect non-tariff trade barriers with our large trading bloc in exchange for a little bit more sovereignty. These non-tariff barriers come at a cost.
I hope you don't find this insulting, Andrew: You're singing Ian's tune. "... for a little bit more sovereignty". 52% of the voting population bought into that. Sovereignty (not the illusory "sunny uplands").

From our sovereign position, we can build without worrying what the French will say as they try to dominate the EU in Merkel's absence.

You have no idea whether or not the 4% reduction in GDP is permanent. I'd say that the UK will eventually sail past this - with better government, of course and that's not certain.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote