View Single Post
Old 27-12-2021, 18:34   #3553
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Britain outside the EU

The evidence is clear and all around: there never was going to be any "sunlit uplands" and there never will be. This grubby little project was sold on the basis promise of no downsides, only positives. Permanent 4% loss in GDP is just the start, the list is endless.

I suppose that if the outcome you have been hoping for, against all evidence, does not happen then all you have left is bitter denial or a redefinition of the reality we all saw. I think we are now at the "Well, I always said that the problems and pain would happen but trust me, it will pass and those sunlit uplands will arrive, honest, have faith" phase.

I think the most depressing part of this is that people who you would like you are rational and honest can still deny self-evident reality.