Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2021, 09:48   #1023
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
And, yet it is. Funny that.

I’ll play a game with you Hugh, from the following what would rather have?

1. Lung cancer, Bowel cancer, (other cancers)
2. Motor Neurone Disease
3. Parkinson’s Disease
4. Dementia
5. COVID
6. Death from old age having escaped the previous 5.

I’d take 6, and 5 would be a very close second. Before you trot out the « you can’t catch cancer » trope. At least 30% of people in the country will get cancer and the survival rate isn’t 98.5%. Dementia is fast becoming even worse.

So focus on the things, and fixing the things, that will really kill you. Also possibly don’t ride motorbikes either. I got rid of mine 8yrs ago and my life chances improved greatly.
Just repeating the statement that the biggest cause of death in the U.K. this year is "mild" doesn’t make it true…

In response to your "game", we don’t get much of a choice about 1, 2, 3, 4, & 6 - we can have a choice about 5, and our actions on that choice impact others.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Good point, Pierre. And this just demonstrates why so many people are questioning why we are all being pressured into panic mode.

‘Living to live with Covid’ does not mean more lockdowns. It means learning to live with the reality of life.

Snowflakes need to recognise that they have to melt eventually.
People can disagree on approaches to COVID and it’s impact without making derogatory comments - you should try it…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 24-12-2021 at 09:52.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote