View Single Post
Old 14-12-2021, 16:29   #989
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What an excellent post- thank you. If more people took heed and were kind, understanding, empathetic and helpful, countless lives would become better for people all over the world. Instead, all too often, you get the attitude of 'Your disability is no excuse'! How attitudes would change should they or their loved one's suffer the same fate as others. It's likely to happen too, as the majority of people will become disabled due to attack, disease, accident or old age.

I was disappointed to see that I have again been criticised for the way that I have posted something, despite it being known that I have cognitive issues following a brain injury.

I wonder if a person with dementia would be criticised for repeatedly not remembering something or someone with a stutter mocked for the way that they interact?

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

I've no idea how Ofcom will deal with this, but to allow websites to flout the law via this method makes a mockery of the whole thing.

I am part of an advisory group and our submission to Ofcom did include examples of online bullying/harassment of disabled people on a site based outside the UK were included. We were told that details about this would be provided in due course.
How many times have you had a go at people who work in overseas call centres? You call them all names under the sun on these forums. The reasons you get called out on for what you post is because of the hypocrisy in your posts.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote