View Single Post
Old 14-12-2021, 12:43   #733
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Aye no one objected to that before only because the dailymail didnt hate the BBC as much back then. They hate it a lot right now hence why the anti bbc message is so strong currently and people are mentioning their hatred a lot more....

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 ----------

its only 10 quid on virgin media isnt it?

i've got a firestick so i'd be intrigued by what else gets "built into" prime but i'd expect to be saving money not spending more than virgin!
I know it’s a well-worn argument (and thoroughly entrenched on both sides) but you don’t pay a subscription to the BBC. You pay for a licence to receive TV broadcasts. As it happens, almost all of the money raised from that goes to fund the BBC. It sounds like a cop-out of an argument, but the legal distinction is important.

Besides, even if it was a subscription, you still wouldn’t acquire any ownership or right to future viewing of the content, any more than you do when Sky makes a programme. If that show later turns up on a channel outside of your subscription package, you don’t get to see the repeat showing.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote