View Single Post
Old 13-12-2021, 19:40   #728
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i dont get this argument? britbox has ITV and channel 4 footage?

The licence fee pays for BBC shows to get made and be put to air on the BBC televsion channels. The BBCs arrangement with content makers usually allows them to have a show also on iPlayer for 30 days after it airs terrestrially. After that, the BBC makes other income selling shows to other parties ie Netflix or DVD box sets. BritBox is kinda positioning to be a streaming replacement for DVD box sets of ITV and BBC content. Did you used to go into HMV and say 'my license fee paid for Dr Who im going to walk put with the DVD thanks'
No I didn't - since we were liberated from the prison of 4 channels - there is no need to watch the same things over and over (eg Zulu every Christmas for 20 years??)

It doesn't matter how you look at it Britbox is charging you to watch repeats of programs that were free first time around - what a bargain

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Premier Sports launches on Amazon Prime.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...eid=3598503789
Is it that high a monthly fee on Virgin/Sky now?

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Don't you pay twice for some BBC content whenever it's shown on non BBC channels or iPlayer though?

No one has objected to Gold and the other channels over the last few decades.

Does anyone watch them though - I certainly don't.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote