View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 17:13   #485
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: GB News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
A good political interviewer would challenge any politicians claims, even if just to point out they are disputed. That's his job. Before you say it isn't, he was interviewing a politician on a channel that proudly tells everyone it is a news channel.

Political interviewers have to be tougher on their interviewees than celebrity interviewers because the things a politician says *may* have an impact on a lot of people, and whether Trump was lying or not, most politicians will lie given a fraction of a chance to do so.

A good interviewer needs to try and find the truth in an interviewee's answers. That does include challenging what the interviewee says. The trouble with Trump is that (and he has this in common with a lot of right wingers) as soon as you disagree with him, you are wrong and fake news.

So, while I didn't see the interview, I'd argue that while it may or may not have been a gripping 2 hours, it does not sound like what I would consider a good interview.
It would have properly informed your opinion if you had been able to view the interview.

I think Farage is an excellent journalist. I don't watch much GB News, but I do watch him.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote