View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 09:28   #164
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Owen Paterson: Anger as Tory MP avoids suspension in rule shake-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I'm not sure that OB is a member of the Conservative Party - at least based his profile photo, I don't recall him being at any of the constituency events.

Whether or not I am right about OB, I am a member of the party and can't stand Boris nor his governmental style. Not much I can do about it until the Parliamentary lot get their act together and oust that buffoon.
There have been many people like Old Boy were wearing rose-tinted spectacles until very recently. Johnson won a great majority, "got Brexit done" and surely a few misdemeanors could be overlooked? After all, everyone knew Johnson had history. Scandal about who was paying for Downing Street's refurbishment? He's a bit of a rascal but he's our rascal. U-turns on free school dinners, exam grades, National Insurance hikes. No problem, still ahead in the polls. Scandal about a free holiday or two? Labour can't do anything, it's just Boris.

But trying to retrospectively rewrite the governance of Parliament and to whip MPs into voting for it has crossed the line for many traditional Conservative voters. They didn't vote to turn the UK into a banana republic.
And worsened by not turning up for yesterday's debate which reinforces negative perceptions. This shows he's either being poorly advised or ignoring good advice. Neither is good.

I'm sure Old Boy will come round to your way of thinking in due course, Seph.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 09-11-2021 at 09:45.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote