View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 09:12   #2947
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
We were discussing this weekend if there was a trade war, what would hurt the UK most? I think from a political point of view, big fat tariffs on cars would do the trick. For my business, it would be data equivalency. Not being able to handle personally identifiable data of EU citizens would shut down most of our customer service/orders department which is based in the UK in a shot. We would need to fly customer service reps out and house them in the EU for order processing. That's nearly 100 people, leaving only a few who would handle UK and non-EEA orders. Yikes!
Not wishing to contradict Jon (in other words his assessment is correct), this is the crunch point. Are we to be subject to EU rules, whims and policies or not?

Is the undoing of 45 years of business integration with the EU too important to jeopardise? How tough a time are we in for while we adjust? I side with the sovereignty argument and we should have planned from day 1 of Brexit for a clean break and made plans accordingly.

I blame the mess we are in on Mrs. May because we were effectively screwed when we agreed to their negotiation sequencing. Now Boris, a total buffoon, has to find a way out that doesn’t destroy our economy. Realistically, NI is sacrificeable in these circumstances.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote