View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 09:04   #2946
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I can’t believe that, Major being such a supporter of Brexit and the current government, how can he say these things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
He wasn't talking about Brexit. Maybe he just doesn't like the way populist governments operate, and who can blame him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
Major has never liked Johnson and tried to veto his selections as an MP in the early days.

Let's not bear a grudge eh?

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

John Major wasn't a Eurosceptic, at least not in the years he was in power.
Originally he was for a referendum but against leaving. He's then called out the issues after the vote that he feels are damaging to the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ver-leaving-eu

Quote:
Sir John Major has said it is wrong to flirt with leaving the European Union at a time when the world is coming together.

The former prime minister’s remarks might be taken as a warning to David Cameron not to push too hard the threat to leave the EU when he attends a two-day summit in Brussels at which Britain will press its renegotiated terms for staying in the bloc.

But Major said he was not giving advice to Cameron and thought it was right to hold a referendum to clear the air and “end this long-running and tiresome debate”.