Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 17:13   #1715
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Movies 24 may close in 2022.

My sources has told me "The future of Movies 24 has got an question mark over it but no decision has been made on it as of yet."
They could just sell the Movies24 channels, though I can't see it happening.

The type of films they show are frowned upon by many, but there is still an audience, I know someone who has significant periods of watching a lot of it. Most of their content doesn't seem to have a UK outlet elsewhere, aside from the odd bit on Channel 5 daytime. There's an audience and library of content out there for whoever picks it up, should Movies24 close. Whereas the Christmas movie content that boosts their ratings significantly (relatively speaking) every year would be a natural fit for the Great! Movies Christmas channel during its yearly rebrand, Great! doesn't have a "TV movie" channel during the rest of the year anymore as it used to years ago in a previous incarnation.

Given many of the Sky-branded entertainment genre-named channels have similarly low ratings, and they are unlikely to shut those down any time soon, they may just rebrand the main Movies24 as Sky Romance & Mystery and close the Movies24+ channel.