View Single Post
Old 29-10-2021, 17:40   #137
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Rising cost of living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Nottingham [city] has those everywhere except main roads.

They are just pointless, and never enforced (just not practical).
I've yet to see anyone actually stick to them, including taxis and buses.
Oh, and if you live in one, they have increased your vehicle pollution by 50%.
Exactly. Try driving at that speed in one of those areas and see how long before the driver behind starts flashing his headlights and overtakes you. Such a low speed limit is positively dangerous, in my opinion.

I think these 20mph limits should be used only in a small number of specific cases or as a temporary limit during school opening/closing times.

I hear people say that too many people disregard the 30mph limits and argue that they should therefore be reduced to 20. They really don’t see that if they are not obeying the 30 limit, there’s even less chance they’ll obey a 20 sign!

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
You've obviously never had to rely on a bus service
I use buses a lot. There are bus lanes as well, which help on busy routes.

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I visited a local indoor market yesterday for the first time in almost a year. Meat prices were extortionate, some almost double what the supermarkets charge. One of the butchers told me that sales are "flatter than Twiggy" since they were all bought out by a sole vendor. "Mark-ups were always high, but now they are stupid, no-one wants to buy any of it".
Well, who would buy from a market if they are charging more than the supermarkets?

At least you know the supermarket stuff is unlikely to give you food poisoning.

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
There's a run on baked beans.
Please don’t say that. Don’t even think it.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Inflation actually dropped today, as the recent rise was not demand led, it was supply led. Inflation looks like it may yoyo around for several months whilst the global supply chain evens itself out.
There’s a lot more to come, though. Wait until those wage increases come through! The more people earn, the more they will spend, the more demand goes up, the more prices go up.

It’ll take a lot of management to keep prices down over the next year or so. I don’t expect to see much in the way of productivity gains in the short term.