Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2021, 09:05   #7887
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m not spinning anything - the language politicians use is important. It’s the difference between an “embarrassing climbdown” and “this was the plan all along”. I’m more than happy to revisit this at a later point rather than go round in circles.

Wales with masks having record numbers compared to Wales with masks plus restrictions greater than masks is completely unsurprising. Schools reopening without vaccination is having an affect all around the UK. If the rest of the UK follows Scotland where schools reopened first in August cases will come back down, but hospitalisations and deaths will remain high which is why the booster campaign is to important.

Across the UK the deaths figure reported today is the highest since March, and will likely be linked to case numbers 2/3 weeks ago. So pulling them back down slightly - due to half term in all likelihood - isn’t going to cut it.
But the modelling suggests that the figures will go in the right direction with existing Plan A and that Plan B will make it worse. Only time will prove them right, but it's the best scientific advice out there. Therefore, we should go for it as there is no better option that I can see.

Don't forget that despite the four-tier lockdowns we had last year, the number of cases remained persistently high in some areas and went up and down in others. You have to wonder what real impact they had.