View Single Post
Old 24-10-2021, 19:26   #5633
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What have you just bought?

My first job back in 1958 was junior in a coal and gravel merchants office. Back then you could order a bag of coal dependent on grade for 4/11 (25p) per cwt or better grades for 5/11 or 6/ll and have it delivered for free. My wage then was £2.10/- per week (£2.50p) = £125 per YEAR! Didn't get paid for the 2 weeks holiday in July. I gave my Mum £2 for my keep and had 50p to myself, off which I had to pay my bus to and from work, and entry into the Palais de Dans on a Saturday night, the odd pair of stockings, which when they got a ladder I fixed with soap or nail varnish, and fare to and from work 6 days per week. The good old days? They were to me
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote