Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2021, 23:29   #7785
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m not going to extensively engage in your misinformation exercise, I’ll leave that to Hugh, however we absolutely know that without some kind of intervention cases will continue to rise.

Many have gone before you denying the inevitable rise of the virus and been proven incorrect time and again.

As I say restrictions are inevitable - Javid acknowledges this reading between the lines - the only question is where and when. The most effective time is absolutely now.

The economic impact is a red herring. When even a small proportion of people - the clinically vulnerable, their families spend less up to large proportions - those who can work from home continue to do so all winter against a backdrop of rising cases many businesses will be adversely affected in any case. They will just do so without Government support.

Hospitalisations rising isn’t speculation. It’s inevitable without intervention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
And it doesn't stop the NHS being overwhelmed, either.
Except, of course, that Covid is not responsible for such admissions.

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
And you assume it’ll be fine, as you always have. And always been wrong.

As I said. Vaccines nudge the dial, it doesn’t prevent the reality that a large and increasing number of infections results in a large and increasing number of hospitalisations and deaths.
Nudge the dial? They have made a tremendous difference, but for some curious reason you absolutely refuse to acknowledge it.

Incidentally, the big rise in infections are in young people. It’s the vulnerable elderly that are being admitted to hospital.