Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 10:56   #7381
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I don’t see the issue - if someone wishes to wear a mask (because they believe they could be reducing a risk to others), what’s the problem?

They’re not making you wear one…
Well, when you consider the type of masks the public buy in great numbers, and you consider the materials used and the importance of having a well-fitting mask if it's to do much good, I think we are fooling ourselves if we really believe that this is an effective means of preventing infection.

In the height of the mask-wearing phase when it was a requirement to wear masks in public places, we'd see people wearing these standard masks that were clearly not tight on the face, and a countless number of people with the mask under the nose. No-one ever seemed to challenge anyone about this.

I still believe that the change of government advice in favour of mask-wearing was simply PR, designed to get people who had been scared to death by the medical rhetoric out of their homes.

It is untrue to say no-one is making us wear them. In too many situations, it is still a requirement (GP surgeries, hospitals, chemists, aeroplanes, etc.).

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0245688