View Single Post
Old 25-09-2021, 08:53   #434
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: GB News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well, he says he warned about technical problems before they started but on that, and many editorial decisions, he was ignored.

It also sounds like they really did want to go down the Sky News Australia route irrespective of the Ofcom and legal issues:

The whole interview simply has him portraying himself as a hapless victim of the whole affair though with little introspection on any mistakes he may have made. I still refuse to believe he didn't have input on staffing up and equipping the production side of the channel.

The whole organisation seems to have been ego-driven with on-air 'talent' failing to appreciate the skill and work that goes into making them look and sound good on air. They seemed to think they could fill the backroom with too few and inexperienced staff being lumbered with dodgy cheap equipment because it'll be fine because they are the real talent.
If you were to believe every word of him. I think his ego was his downfall, he’s trying to make out GBNews can’t succeed without him. He’s been very disrespectful to the hires of Mark Dolan (Remainer btw) Patrick Christy and you’ve already got Dan Wootan, he proclaimed, referring them as “shock jocks”. All from talkRadio.

He lost me when he started complaining that he was offered £4 Million contract, after just 5 shows he’d decided he’d had enough, “his drivers”, he was “on a plane by 10pm sipping champagne”.

My heart friggin bleeds, not. Just awful, awful man of self importance.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote