View Single Post
Old 25-09-2021, 07:42   #433
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: GB News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The only fallout I see is him crying about technical difficulties it’s first two week. Quite literally did 8 shows. I mean seriously, is that the Earth shattering news on why he quit?
Well, he says he warned about technical problems before they started but on that, and many editorial decisions, he was ignored.

It also sounds like they really did want to go down the Sky News Australia route irrespective of the Ofcom and legal issues:

Quote:
‘One of the great ideas before I left was we do trial by television on the guilty men of Brexit – those who tried to stop it, like Lord Adonis and Nick Clegg.

‘I said: “Why do you want to do that? You won the referendum.” We’re out. But let me remind you that was the most miserable period of modern British politics. We should be looking forward to the 2020s. Another suggestion was that we should put secret cameras in classrooms to show how Left-wing the teachers were. I said: “That’s a really good idea but I think you should take charge of that yourself, and I promise you that after you get in hot water for breaking about five different laws – including filming minors – come back and talk to me.” ’
The whole interview simply has him portraying himself as a hapless victim of the whole affair though with little introspection on any mistakes he may have made. I still refuse to believe he didn't have input on staffing up and equipping the production side of the channel.

The whole organisation seems to have been ego-driven with on-air 'talent' failing to appreciate the skill and work that goes into making them look and sound good on air. They seemed to think they could fill the backroom with too few and inexperienced staff being lumbered with dodgy cheap equipment because it'll be fine because they are the real talent.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote