View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 13:44   #2309
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You need to concentrate more, Andrew. It is not at all irrelevant. I have posted the tweet he sent out in that link. So he didn't like May's deal one bit. He realised, however, that the only way of getting Brexit done by the date he had promised was to remove the worst part of it - the backstop. Further changes would not have been possible to get this deal as he wanted within the timescale.

Of course he hailed the result of the changes he made, as he wanted the thing passed! But the tweet made clear he was having to lump it for the most part. I also recall reading Boris saying that other aspects of the deal could be changed over time once out of the EU.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

What a ridiculous thing to say! Of course the transitional period is not over! The whole deal has yet to be implemented (as you admitted in that very sentence (highlighted) and things are still having to settle down. There are still many issues to be resolved.

The Northern Ireland border issue is still going to take some months yet before we manage to make this work, for example.

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

The EU is still posturing and trying to screw us into the ground. Only when all this jostling ends and we finally have an agreement that both sides agree with will normal relations start to be established.

Your point about technical solutions not yet being available is another lie being put about by those who want to see us fail. Of course they are there, and New Zealand have already found such a solution for their exports, as my link showed.

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Seph has addressed that already. Ireland is not in the best position if we pull out.

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Don't tell me you are giving credence to that man in your desperation to prove yourself right! Now that is funny!

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

Crikey, you could have fooled me! I could almost hear your hands rubbing with glee at every single problem that we have had with leaving the EU!

Realistically, Ireland will have a real problem if we start refocussing our trade away from them, because we are their main trading partner. They have a lot to lose if we decrease our imports from them and increase agricultural trade with Australia and New Zealand, for example. And when we eventually get a trade deal with the US (which is unlikely with Biden in power), that would make things even worse for Ireland.

Obviously, Ireland is pushing for the best deal from their perspective, but if they push too far they will be miscalculating - big time.

My point about technical solutions is a lie ? When you yourself admit the required API is not yet available ? Never mind the surveillance/reimbursement systems which do not exist yet.

You need to get the complan dribbles wiped off your chin. You’re a mess