View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 20:52   #2300
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
<SNIP>
It was originally gritches and gremlins in the early days and weeks. Now it's become months and even years! When will it become decades and centuries?
You seem to be a tad unhappy about the Irish situation though, and a tad idealistic in expecting a country backed by the large EU bloc to give in to the UK.
I'm totally realistic and far from idealistic. The Brexit situation is far from ideal. But the way I'd play it (admittedly sat at my office chair at home) is to squeeze Ireland. The threat of scrapping the NI Protocol is a threat to the Irish economy, something they dread more than anything else (perhaps other than having to put corporation tax up!). It's then a blinking game.

I want my Guvmin to play this right by not allowing th NI Protocol to stand in its present form.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote