View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 21:31   #2196
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Of course, I can't say for sure. But, as I've said before, water finds it's own level. NI's dairy trade would be with the UK mainland, which would take some adjustment.

Then there's the likely economic disaster that would befall the perfidious Irish (government). That might have banged some heads together to reach a sensible solution. I rather favoured this approach.

But your original point was about Kate Hoey and I inferred that you thought she was being hypocritical. May stitched us up.

There would have been a hard border on the island of Ireland and you know it. Regardless of who constructed said border the U.K. would be held responsible for its construction.

So in your scenario we would have no trade deal with the EU and the US wouldn’t have a deal with us as any trade deal with the US is as you well know dependent on their being no hard border.

Pains me to say this but Boris is a better statesman than you at least he realises what would have happened should we have taken your route.