Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 31-08-2021, 18:58   #7053
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I know. I admire Old Boy’s perpetual optimism in a way, and that being proven incorrect persistently doesn’t prevent him from pursuing his ideological wet dream of no state intervening in a public health emergency.

Perhaps given the huge amounts being paid to consultants he should offer his services and guide some fledgeling economy through the wilderness into economic growth at the expense of it’s neighbours.
You know that is not correct. Sure, I pointed out that lockdowns should be avoided because they only delayed the progression of the virus. Australia and New Zealand are finally having to admit that lockdowns on their own do exactly that. What changed was the vaccine, which we did not know would ever be available for this virus. Indeed, the prospects did not look good, because scientists has been looking for an antidote to coronaviruses for a very long time without success.

As I explained to Hugh above, what changed again later on to increase the infection rate was the Kent variant. That is why Boris’s promise not to cancel Christmas had to be undone.

Variants are indeed a problem, but worldwide vaccinations and boosters should prevent that. So what will your excuse be then for continuing to hide in the cupboard under the stairs?

Don’t get me wrong, I know you’ll find one.

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
How long would it take a to develop said 'booster' to work with a potential new variant? & then how long would it take said booster to be approved for use?

Unless of course you're planning to create 'boosters' for every possible permutation of the virus.

Meanwhile in the real world, a potentially more infectious and potentially more lethal variant spreads across the global population.

IMHO we will for the next five to ten years be reacting to this virus.

You're right, we do have to accomodate to the virus being out there. your approach of is one of ignorance as opposed to damage limitation.
Well, the plan is for giving everyone a booster which will deal with the Delta variant this autumn. Were you ignorant of that fact?