View Single Post
Old 19-08-2021, 23:18   #2039
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It’s amazing just how desperate you are to paint a picture of a crisis Andrew. You must be gutted that the world didn’t end when Brexit became reality … I can think of no other reason for your obsessive raking through the news day by day looking for stuff that might reassure you that you weren’t completely wrong.

Chickens … for pity’s sake. It’s trivial even now. Once business gets used to the new environment in supply, logistics and HR it will seem laughable. I’d go so far as to suggest that many smaller, nimbler businesses are laughing even now.
I read the popular websites like many others, I'll post something I found of interest. It could be the latest GERS data, it could be about a radio station in Sheffield or it could be Brexit or TV changes.
The chicken topic been a great debate and I've enjoyed reading everyone's contributions to it. Your keen interest and colourful contributions to the debate suggest more than a passing interest, and that's all to the good as far as I'm concerned.

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Apprenticing routes out of school and ending the obsession with everyone going to university would be the start of a long-term fix.
Apprenticeships are growing with a levy on employers with a wage bill over £3m now but on the other hand, the government is abolishing BTEC qualifications.
https://www.apprenticeships.gov.uk/e...p-levy-payers#
https://www.tes.com/news/lord-baker-...-act-vandalism
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote