Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2021, 13:34   #6970
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The proof will be in the pudding whether NZ returns to an almost fully open internal economy and continues it’s successful rejection of “living with the virus”.

To date the most successful responses (in both health and economic terms) have been the hardest, earliest interventions - see the Lancet article linked earlier.

Some are desperately hoping for New Zealand’s failure to vindicate our atrocious response under the guise of “we couldn’t have done any better”. I, however, am absolutely rooting for them.

Despite your explanation, I can't see why you'd be rooting for a country whose strategy is failing. One case is sufficient to order a lockdown when so very few people are vaccinated - a lot of people will agree with that.

But rooting for country (i.e. their government) that has failed to vaccinate its people (except out of pity) is nonsense.

My advice is at your risk.