View Single Post
Old 16-08-2021, 17:15   #1990
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

To remind: Chris made the point quoted below which I turned into a question:

You gave a round-the-houses answer to a very simple question. But, because you are "deeply worried", I suppose we can conclude that our own government cannot be trusted.

What about our own democratic processes? Are these to be trusted?

As a reminder, The Daddy made a good point earlier - it's not as simple as Chris likes to think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
You remember Batley and Spen? I think it was there I saw a couple interviewed saying they'd voted Labour all their lives but were switching to Conservatives, when asked why they said it was because the labour council had closed this, shut that and cut the other, turns out of course that they didn't have any choice because the central government grant had been slashed. It's not always as simple as you've made out.
What do you mean by our own democratic processes?

Last edited by 1andrew1; 16-08-2021 at 17:19.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote