View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 08:25   #1911
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
There's a vicious rumour on twitter that the government is going to deploy the army to keep the shelves stocked in supermarkets, wtf, wt actual f, who voted for this again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
More misinformation from you I see, careful, I might mistake you for Mr K.

Brexit had nothing to do with shelves being empty, if there is actually any shelves empty at all. My supermarket has fully stocked shelves. The shortfalls the other week was triggered by the sheer number of people being pinged by the NHS Covid App. I saw some desperate Remainiacs post a doctored screenshot, alleged to have been taken when the initial panic buying took place at start of pandemic. Desperate stuff still trying to rubbish the vote, when in reality, all their stupid claims of the county going bankrupt hasn’t come to pass, quite the opposite actually.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ics-Corps.html

Quote:
Army on standby to stock Britain's shelves: Up to 2,000 HGV drivers from Royal Logistics Corps are on five-day to notice to deliver food and essentials to UK supermarkets due to shortage of 100,000 truckers
Quote:
It comes after the Road Haulage Association warned in late July that there was a shortage of 100,000 lorry drivers in the UK, which has been hampering deliveries of food from warehouses to supermarkets.

Thousands of prospective drivers are waiting for their HGV tests due to a backlog caused by lockdown, while many existing ones have left the UK after Brexit.

The problem has been exacerbated by Covid, with drivers having to go into self-isolation amid the so-called 'pingdemic'.