Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 15:22   #6832
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Where in my post did i say we should be 'hiding in the cupboard' ?

Hypothetical question, how long do you think that it would take for a vaccine to be updated and then go through approvals and testing again? then let's make it more complex by them having to figure out why the new variant can escape/is more resistant. Weeks? Months?

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

You will care, if it, or a future variant takes you or a member of your family for a trip on a ventilator in intensive care, or worse.
I’m still at a loss as to why OB is concerned about hiding in the cupboard. After all - Mr “just shield the vulnerable” must surely be supportive of private individuals taking rational decisions in their own interests?

Or do we reach the genuine crux of his concern. Is he worried about that lack of expenditure in the economy?

Freedom day isn’t the freedom day he foolishly expected. Some of the vulnerable are self selecting to shield. Those working from home are sitting in their newly built conservatories with no financial interest in a return to slaving away in soulless glass city centre offices, at a cost of thousands per year to train operators.

As I promised him there’s no going back to 2019 and there never will be under the flag of “living with the virus”.