Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 15:16   #6831
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
And for how long do we hide in the cupboard under the stairs this time?

No way, the vaccinations are out there and these will be modified with boosters to tackle the variants.

The time for locking down and donning space masks has had its day. Time to move on and realise that this is not a 100% safe world. Never has been, never will be.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

It is now for the scientists to monitor this virus and to take the necessary steps to factor in the changes to the vaccination boosters.

The public can start to relax now, adjusting their habits to align with the nature and intensity of any changes in the threat posed by the virus. Legislation to enforce restrictions is not necessary now in this country.
Where in my post did i say we should be 'hiding in the cupboard' ?

Hypothetical question, how long do you think that it would take for a vaccine to be updated and then go through approvals and testing again? then let's make it more complex by them having to figure out why the new variant can escape/is more resistant. Weeks? Months?

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I'm sure they acknowledge it, they just don't care or think that it's fair to restrict a majority on the needs of minority.

Given that those everybody over 18 has been offered the vaccine, the unvaccinated are either anti-vax or just not bothered, unable to have the vaccine for some reason or are under 18.

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Yep, heard it all before, don't care.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Travel?

We'll see. If Proof of vaccination is required for access to certain things then it's not "freedom day"

As an aside, I went to the circus the other day, it was brilliant and at the begining the announcer stated that all guests should wear a mask throughout the performance. I saw about 7 people out of a crowd of approx 2,000.

No one cares anymore, well not in Halifax anyway.
You will care, if it, or a future variant takes you or a member of your family for a trip on a ventilator in intensive care, or worse.