Thread: Football Euro 2020
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2021, 12:42   #109
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
No need to get 'antsy' over a simple comment. Has racist behaviour diminished over the last 10 years or is it still as rife as ever (if not worse due to the newer platforms it can be spouted on? )
It's not the comment, it's the attitude (not yours specifically) that because something doesn't make a difference, it shouldn't be done.

Do the people with that attitude (and I'll include you) believe that pubs and bars should stop the Ask for Angela/Ani campaigns that they run because attacks on women are still occuring?

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I don’t have a problem with it, I just don’t agree with the gesture in a sports game because people who are fed up of politics in general, can and should enjoy politically free sports and entertainment, politics should be kept away from sports.

I already fundamentally know Racism is unacceptable in any society and I would like to think a good majority of the fans in sports do to. Look at the positive response to what fans have done to combat the vandalism on Marcus Rashfords’s Mural. He commented on Twitter last night that he was brought to tears over the messages put on that wall to cover up the foul crap graffitied on it by racists.

But Politics and sport should always be kept separate IMO.
I understand your point, however & IMO, sport such as the Euros, World Cup & the Olympics which having the largest reach in terms of global audience I can't think of a better way to target & reinforce the message that racism is not acceptable.