Thread: Football Euro 2020
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 13:44   #78
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Euro 2020: England Reach Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'm certainly not hysterical about it, just outlining why it was difficult for me to support England after Wales went out.

There certainly has been a level of arrogance and entitlement and a lot of it came from the media
I think it's fine for the home nations not to support England. I just get annoyed when people zero in on things every team does and make them out to be uniquely wrong about England.

The European press was going on about no one wanting England to win because of it's fans - or the 'dive' against Demark - as if Italy doesn't have a problem with football violence or diving either.

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Erm, you didn’t see the fighting and riots as well as the abuse aimed towards sole black players?
Racists exist on social media (and elsewhere). I dare there are racists in Wales who would abuse black players under a fake name on Twitter.

And yes the fighting and riots are a problem I don't think that's unique to England either and whilst we should ban these people and also work out how to better stop them in future, it's more a result of people getting tanked up before the game and acting like thugs. They would have started fighting if we won as well.

I perfectly accept these are problems but I don't accept they're unique to England.

Last edited by Damien; 12-07-2021 at 13:53.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote