View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 10:01   #195
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Watched the England v Germany and the Ukraine v England matches in UHD/HLG with no issues here on iPlayer. Used the Panasonic TV app.

You have to wait 2-3 minutes after the start of the programme before UHD appears - but never had any issues with it. They do seem to move the options around sometimes mid-programme.

I wonder if the option drops off if a connection limit is reached at the BBC end? I've also noticed that the UHD option sometimes drops off the V6 box and it needs a reboot.

It was good to see that the Wimbledon feeds continued too in UHD/HLG - I think the first time two different live offerings have appears in UHD on BBC iPlayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Anyone else getting UHD not available for the football?

Not a good sign if the biggest sporting event in years has to be HD because of capacity issues.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I watched the game in UHD via iPlayer (London). The England v. Germany game was only available in HD. I must say that the BBC have really nailed the UHD format, unlike Sky Movies where the PQ is only so-so.

Last edited by ozsat; 04-07-2021 at 10:06.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote