View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 12:19   #1215
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Well hello!!!

I have just completed a sales straining course and have been reviewing the notes. Loud and clear throughout is the absolute need to understand the customers needs and expectations and also potential objections. This lets you pitch your sales in the correct way for that specific customer. We are a customer of the EU and the EU is a customer of the UK. Each party has their own needs, expectations and objections and understanding and appreciating them allows you to understand what you can get and what you can't.

If I called my customers the enemy if they said 'no' to me, I wouldn't be in a job very long. 'No' is as an important signal as 'yes' because the next question is 'why' and from there, there is potential for movement or compromise.

I want what is best for the UK. Now the details of what I consider the best and what you consider the best might be different but the overarching sentiment is the same. To be called unpatriotic because my views are different from yours is not fair unless you and you alone are in the position of what is best and can prove that all other positions are not as good as yours.
Exactly. Explaining the EU's needs (eg to maintain the integrity of Single Market) is not being unpatriotic. It is intelligence that helps you to decide how best to approach negotiations. I dread to imagine how Seph's approach would play out around some of the board rooms I've sat in. Let's just say, I would ensure my mortgage was paid off before I took such an approach!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote