Thread: British culture
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2021, 08:58   #48
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: British culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Inevitable it may be, but I think the first post on the topic concerns whether the change is acceptable and are we, as a nation, better or worse for it.

Same here, one of my favourite phrases is "backwards in the name of progress"
Change occurs whether we find it acceptable or not. Whether that change brings about progress is of course different.

The British culture/heritage is a such a melting pot of so many other diverse cultures with changes occurring to it over such a long period of time. Ultimately it will continue to change and evolve further and people will simply have to decide how much energy they're prepared to waste getting flustered/annoyed/worried/scared by such an irresistible force.

Will there be setbacks in progress in some areas? Of course, will the general progression be for the overwhelming good? I suspect so. it hasn't harmed us so far.