View Single Post
Old 21-04-2021, 08:57   #78
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: European football clubs agree to create a Super League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Most people would know what I mean when I say that our culture will be submerged by others in the fullness of time.

Heritage and culture are different things.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Did Hugh write that piece for you?

My Spurs season ticket has passed down the family. Doesn't mean it's part of the (diminishing) culture surrounding me.

Thigs of 'importance' are not necessarily matters of 'culture'.
You are incorrect. Again, you're getting confused, because you insist on working in limited categories and often seem to prefer to look for binary opposition when there simply isn't any. It's great that the Spurs season ticket passes down your family, but it's not so great that with such an obvious cultural artefact right under your nose you still can't see it.

Everything humans do generates culture. If it's important, then its cultural influence is important. It really is that simple. I could write you an essay on it, but as I'm in the middle of writing a dissertation on it and I have a tutorial deadline this evening, I won't.

Suffice it to say that culture is not limited to whatever neoclassical snobbery insists it is.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote