View Single Post
Old 21-04-2021, 08:49   #77
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: European football clubs agree to create a Super League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
<cough cough>

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...and-s-heritage

Or do you mean like our culture was submerged by the Normans?
Most people would know what I mean when I say that our culture will be submerged by others in the fullness of time.

Heritage and culture are different things.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If this is what you believe, then it's your connection to reality that doesn't run that deep.

I'm not a passionate football fan by any means, but in every workplace I've ever had, and every social setting I've ever been a part of, I have always come across plenty of people who at least have a view, probably will name 'their' team, and in some cases eat, sleep and breathe the sport.

I think your problem may be lack of familiarity with the working class part of British culture where the most passionate part of football's fan base is to be found. There are households where the season ticket is a family heirloom.

The sport may not matter to you, and obviously that's fine - but don't confuse 'things that aren't important to me' with 'things that aren't important.'
Did Hugh write that piece for you?

My Spurs season ticket has passed down the family. Doesn't mean it's part of the (diminishing) culture surrounding me.

Thigs of 'importance' are not necessarily matters of 'culture'.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote