View Single Post
Old 17-03-2021, 10:03   #632
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

A brilliant post (mostly), Jon.

Homing in on many a Leaver's dream:

Quote:
The treaty does not get signed off by the EU Parliament making the EU to blame for 'no deal'
I had hoped that the current deal, which at least gives the UK tariff-free trade, could be refined through the mechanisms as practicalities became visible. The next best thing that could happen, is the 'no deal' option; it should have happened back in May's day before the EU were allowed to dictate the negotiations.

Had we left without a deal, we could not be accused of breaking a treaty. We would have paid what we owed; the Pandemic would still have happened and an equilibrium would have been found.

On your final remark, I would take issue:

Quote:
My biggest concern is that it seems that actions taken which look good in the pages of The Telegraph, Mail and Express may not look so good internationally. Or, to put it on a closer to home example, you know that a plumber ripped off your neighbour, would you hire him?
The first sentence, as a postulation, is beyond criticism, imo. Your second sentence is not a reasonable analogy. International politics and related behaviour don't come near the rip-off plumber; the dynamics are totally different.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote