View Single Post
Old 28-02-2021, 01:11   #516
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
From my English perspective, this is the deal that the UK government signed up to.
It was the only deal on offer, and to my mind, the sooner we withdraw from it, the better. The more the EU turns the screws, the more likely that the Johnson government will withdraw.

The EU needs to be careful not to overplay its hand.

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I don't agree with you that leaving without a deal would have breached the GFA. That was EU spin, imo. It would have stirred the pot, somewhat - but no deal is not a breach. The breach would occur if the perfidious EU erected a border between the two. It really should have been chucked back to the EU to sort out.

I totally blame Mrs May as I said earlier in the thread.

Yes, Theresa’s plan was never viable in the end. I admit to giving her the benefit of the doubt in the early days, but my judgement was misplaced.

I should have gone with my instinct. Lesson learned!