Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2021, 13:32   #3142
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Apparently the contract is confidential, so we will likely never know unless the courts confirm that one way or the other.

We can only guess by the next steps.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

The EU can equally wave flags I'm not sure why you've interpreted it as a criticism one side and not the other.

I doubt the CEO or company are interested in flag waving they need to defend their positon. As I've said I believe that cold, hard, capitalism and what's actually in the contracts that's important not the headlines in the British press (or EU press for that matter).
If there are penalities in the EU contract, that makes the EU approach even worse. They are getting it at COST, all courtesy of the UK.
Hypocrisy from the EU.
Link
Quote:
One point the contract does make clear: If any EU country made a deal with CureVac outside the Commission's contract, these orders would only be supplied after the Commission's order was fully completed.
This has become an issue after Berlin said it made additional deals for 20 million CureVac and 30 million BioNTech vaccine doses outside the EU deal — an apparent violation of the Commission's unified strategy. Still, the head of the Commission's health department and Germany have both said any such deals would be supplied only after the Commission.
“The quantities for Europe come first," Sandra Gallina, the head of DG SANTE, told MEPs Tuesday morning.

Last edited by nomadking; 28-01-2021 at 13:36.