Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 20:47   #2579
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Not a philosophy I would live my life by.
Nice selective quotation, Pierre.

And in actual fact in the pandemic it's a sensible precautionary action to stop the NHS being overwhelmed. The data will inevitably support schools bring the cause as infections drop in Tier 4 areas that have, to date, seen increases.

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Testing positive doesn't necessarily mean somebody will reach the stage of being infectious. That is the problem with testing of schoolkids. Although the question remains, where are the schoolkids picking it up from?
Option A: Their parents who in turn caught it in non-essential retail.
Option B: Schools where there's no requirement to distance, no masks and poor ventilation. Plus cramming kids onto school buses to get there.

Now I'm no expert but one of those scenarios has all the reasons I'm not allowed to go into work.

Quote:
Vaccines and immunity would be pointless otherwise. There is a window of time(days) between reacquiring the virus and the immune system kicking into action again.
Can only hope they are the answer, otherwise home schooling is going to go on a lot longer.