Thread: Football 2020/2021 season
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2020, 23:04   #270
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: 2020/2021 season

Quote:
Steve Bruce, June 23rd 2020:

"Can we finish in the top 10?. That’s got to be our challenge. That would be a wonderful achievement, and that’s all I’m focused on at the minute.”

Steve Bruce, July 27th 2020:

"If someone said at the start of the season 'would you be happy to finish with seven teams below you?' we'd have taken that.

"But that's not enough. We want to push for the top 10 on a regular basis and not look over our shoulders."

Steve Bruce, October 31st 2020:

"We’d all love to be competing where the club was 20 years ago or whenever it was.

"But the way we are at the minute we have to accept that’s the way it is and try to keep moving inch-by-inch closer to what we’re trying to do – which is definitely finish in the top 10.”

Steve Bruce, December 23rd 2020:

"If you're a club like ours that expects to be in the bottom half of the Premier League, it's always tough.

"My remit is to make sure Newcastle remain a Premier League outfit, and that's what I'll try to achieve. That's where we've been for the last two or three years.

"Of course for Newcastle, in many people's eyes that isn't enough, but that's where we are."

Steve Bruce, December 26th 2020:

"We had a bad week, and some of the mass hysteria (from Newcastle fans) in my opinion was unjust, unfair, and a lot of it was not right in my opinion."

Steve Bruce, September 25th 2017:

"Of course here, at a club like ours, it turns into mass hysteria (from Aston Villa fans). A couple of bad results and all of a sudden it's the end of the world again.

Steve Bruce, August 26th 2011:

“It shows you how difficult it is up here. The mass hysteria (from Sunderland fans), I find some of it pathetic, to be honest."
- Steve Bruce 'The worst manager in Premier League history' repeating his antics of blaming anything but himself.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 27-12-2020 at 23:08.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote