Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2020, 17:50   #1966
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Just to set the mood . . I wonder if the figure quoted is obtained in a similar fashion to the 'died within 28 days of a positive test' that we keep seeing?

for example, a chap in hospital with gallstones, that has tested positive yet is asymptomatic, could very easily be classed as a hospital patient 'with Covid'

not that I'm at all suggesting 'data' is being used in such a way to support the ongoing frenzy
As I answered the same question 12 days ago in this thread...

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...h#post36061681

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I'll agree with that, however deaths for any reason 28 days after a positive test seems a fudge of Covid statistics to me.
This may provide some clarity.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publica...eaths-covid-19

Quote:
Validity of cause of death: the GOV.UK data measures deaths following a positive test for Covid-19, but some of these deaths could be due to a different cause, whatever the interval from testing to death used for measuring them. The ONS data is derived from death certificates, and includes only deaths where the doctor believed Covid-19 caused or contributed to the death, making cause of death as involving Covid-19 more reliable.
If the patient has COVID but is asymptomatic, they are still a COVID patient...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.