Thread: US Timeline The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 23:31   #236
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The Mandalorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Okay so a good ep but there is one thing which killed my realism factor:

Spoiler: 
All along they have made a big thing about Mandalorian lore, not taking your helmet off and not letting anyone see your face. He did it in this episode and appeared to have no regrets or reservations about doing it and I assumed as certain events were transpiring he was doing it knowing there wouldn't be any surviving witnesses. The base blew up as expected but I am really surprised he let Mayfeld live at the end. He is expendable, a liability and now a significant risk in the future. I expected this to be an opportunity for us to see a darker more ruthless side of Mando and him upholding his core beliefs.
You’re really missing the heart of this story. What this is all about is Mando’s deepening relationship with the Child (the holomessage at the end was meant to really lay it out in ten foot high capital letters just in case you had somehow not got it).

Getting Grogu back is now more important to Mando than his Mandalorian oath. That’s how much it matters. Plus, this season they have surrounded him with genuine Mandalorians rather than what Bo-Katan called religious zealots. So it’s possible that Mando’s love for the child is causing him to reassess who he is and in fact deepening his understanding of what the Mandalorian Way actually is.

And the ending - it was Marshall Dune’s decision to let him go, though Mando agreed with it. And that, again, was entirely consistent with the episode’s overall theme which was to muse about justice, mercy and what cause people choose to believe in - there was a pretty significant monologue on this exact topic in the cockpit of the rhydonium tanker.

Also, literally in flashing capital letters, was the episode title, THE BELIEVER, which is deliberately just vague enough that you could apply it to any or several of the characters who featured this week.

It was a superb piece of storytelling that drove the character development forwards in a very satisfying way.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote