View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 11:36   #4851
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit-Transitional Period Ends 31/12/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I don't see the point you're making, He was right. It "should" have been easy. Unfortunately we didn't foresee that they would want control over another nations sovereign waters and that they would want control over another nations laws?
We can go back to pre-referendum and it was a constant refrain from Remainers on how hard a deal would be. I don't have much sympathy for the Government if they fail to deliver on their promises and rhetoric. They're the ones who were elected to manage Brexit and any consequences that emerge from No Deal is on them.

Remember that the two reasons Brexiters said we would easily get a deal are because 'they need us more than we need them' and that German car companies would push Germany into a deal.

Whilst No Deal is very bad for the EU it's not so bad that they're not willing to go through with it clearly. Either this is what the Government intended or this misunderstood the cards they had at the table.

I still hope they back down a little on regulation but if they don't then No Deal here we come.