View Single Post
Old 27-11-2020, 23:41   #236
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
How come you ended up with three? Did you previously have two V6's and were then sent another box without a HDD, or is it possible to order extra boxes on top of the standard two? If so, how much extra did this cost?

I had 3 V6s on Ultimate Oomph and was invited to swap in the first round a couple of months back. I've now got a main 360 and 2 minis. The recording space wasn't an issue for us as we barely used the space on one of the V6's let alone 750 hours worth of HD across three! Profiles are a boon for us (each person can have their own list of channels ordered how they like and pause points in recordings are remembered per person) as we have two teenagers who watch their own stuff (and use catch up and streaming as recording is, according to them, "old fashoined"!!!).

Changing to the 360 platform didn't cost us any extra (and I don't pay the headline Oomph price even with three boxes as I negotiated a deal)

Despite what some others see as negatives we actually quite like the 360 (it's on a par with SkyQ which we had a few years back with the adavntage of 4K on all the boxes). The interface is less "clunky" than the V6 and while I don't use the voice control much the kids use it as their preferred method of controling the boxes (you can do *a lot* with voice - things like "go back xx mins" or "recordings" etc.)

I don't think one system is better than the other, they're just different. As I said, this isn't too different to SkyQ which is where Virgin's main competition lies. Some people will like it (we do) and some people won't - there's no pleasing everyone

Last edited by paul0363; 27-11-2020 at 23:47.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote