Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2020, 19:24   #1405
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

I'm talking about the features - not the look.

I'd rather have a poor looking interface which does amazing things.

SkyQ recordings are just series links on the same channel - nothing more than that. And some don't work on some channels.

I've had more lost/missed recordings on SkyQ than on TiVo. All ITVHD recordings ended here when the ITV changes occured and often returning series fail to restart.

Sky spend too much time on it looking good - and falling down on techical features/issues.

Currently to watch a series in UHD you have to manually download new episodes - andyou must NOT have the HD version recording present to do this. And you can not auto-record non-sport UHD series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
I totally disagree, Sky Q interface is so much more user friendly than the outdated TiVo software.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Currently it has problems grouping ITVHD series - so all episodes of a series are not grouped together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Having recently switched from Virgin to SkyQ I would say there are good and bad points to both interfaces.

Certainly SkyQ scores higher on flash looks - if that is what you want.

One thing I don't like is the way it stores things in like groups - I.e. Champions league - all my CL recordings are stored under a tile which still shows the detail of the first CL match I recorded, even though I have watched and deleted that particular game weeks ago.

Last edited by ozsat; 15-11-2020 at 19:23.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote