View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 00:12   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I find you get a good response on twitter from companies, had contacting Sky issues i tweeted them they were superb took my details and phoned me, i'm pretty sure VM would do the same.

I can assure you 96 out of 4.3million won't get Ofcoms attention especially as a majority of those signatures were 4 years ago.
Yes, i've been told that Twitter receives a good response as it publically highlights the failures of companies.

Ofcom say that the number of complaints (with regards to TV programmes anyway) isn't relevant and that they've taken action after only one complaint and not taken action after many complaints. The petition, however, was sent to me by an individual and not Ofcom.

Ofcom have become involved because Virgin Media have not followed the procedures expected by them or indeed their own policies with regards to vulnerable customers.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I find most service providers I've had to deal with over the past 8 months haven't been up to scratch. I am however prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and tough it out. Covid is having a massive impact on customer service across the board. Companies doing their best to adapt whilst the majority of their workforce is home based trying to plod through never ending change. Offices closed, people off sick, redundancies etc... Very uncertain and stressful times. I'm sure we've all had less than positive customer experiences recently but that's to be expected ?

Richard in your case being left without a TV service for so long isn't acceptable and I hope this gets resolved for you swiftly. I'm just commenting in general in regards to not many companies being able to operate at their usual standards. Everything is very unusual at the moment for everyone including some of the biggest businesses in the UK.
Thanks Chad. I have given them forbearance, but my patience is now exhausted. A lot of companies are using Covid as an excuse for crap service, despite it being just as bad before the pandemic.

The pandemic first affected companies last March, so they've now had eight months to put alternative procedures in place, as indeed many more professional companies have.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote