View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 13:56   #1506
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Why do you think Apple and Amazon *don’t* separate out their PPV content from the rest?

Annoying as it is, they do it because that’s how you get people to pay for it - by showing it in a list of stuff they’ve been looking for and tempting them to pay the extra just as a one-off. The substantial amount of bundled content is more than enough for most viewers; if the PPV stuff is hidden most of them won’t bother to look.

Meanwhile I shall keep my counsel and indulge in a private chuckle at you admitting you find anything difficult to comprehend.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This is a silly argument. Are you actually disputing that I have been specifying 2035 as the date since 2015?

I have explained multiple times that it is the broadband coverage that I believe will be in a state that will enable the vast majority to be able to access the streamers by 2025. I still believe that the TV channels as they exist now will be pretty well dead by 2035.
And I’ve quoted your original posts multiple times, showing that this is not what you originally said and you changed your mind after being challenged by multiple other contributors to the thread at the time.

One day when I’m bored enough I dare say I’ll re-quote them again. For the time being, the quotes are not so far back in this thread for anyone interested in looking.