Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2020, 11:47   #576
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
So, what is wrong in the UK. Do we?

1. have sensible restrictions but a degree of the population fail to follow them because <answers on a postcard>

2, We don't have sensible restrictions a degree of the population fail to follow them because they're not sensible.

My thoughts are that as a society the UK is quite immature compared to other nations.
Surely the UK population knows the score on CV. But are they immature as a whole? No, of course not. And I don't consider other European nations to be any different in that sense.

The immature minority, however, can cause infection chaos through their casual carelessness.

With regard to whether or not we have sensible restrictions:

I would say that the tiering system is eminently sensible as it does not introduce more restrictions than are necessary across the country. The challenge is, as you say, with maturity so that people in a a higher tier area don't go round contaminating their lower tier neighbours.

Because that can't be controlled, let it rip is the answer with special protection and support given to vulnerable people. That way the economy can continue recovery etc.

ns

My advice is at your risk.