View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 21:32   #4123
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Brexit-Transitional Period Ends 31/12/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
So, people voted for a campaign that promised there would be a deal.
I thought we’d seen the back of people telling leave voters why they voted the way they did.

I know what I voted for and I know where I sourced my background information thanks. I don’t need to be told (wrongly) what I thought would happen.

This was not a party election, it was a referendum, and despite the status afforded the biggest campaign group on either side, there was no manifesto produced by either of them. Personally I think the British public is a sufficiently sophisticated electorate to understand the difference between an election manifesto and the possible futures debated in a referendum where, on polling day, the actual question is extremely simple.

I voted to answer a question, I did not vote for any campaign.