View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 18:48   #3355
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
wasn't it the SNP that coined the phrase once in a lifetime vote.
Nobody is disputing that - however it has no legal standing. You don’t have to look far to see many politicians make statements they later renege on - that doesn’t deny the people of Scotland their right to vote for a party that backs another referendum.

In your example if I set up a political party and got 51% of the vote and seats - would I have a mandate because I’m not the SNP? Or should I and my voters be denied their democratic right over a glib one liner from an SNP poltician?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote